There are some great movies that often depict salespeople in an unflattering way. Some lines have become famous. In the real world, famous lines aren't positive phrases and you need to be wary of them.
- During the course of my career,…I've met thousands of sale people…from all different industries.…Like any profession, there's a bond between all…of the women and men who have the word sales…on their business cards.…We know the great feeling of accomplishment when…after doing our planning, preparation, and presenting,…we close a sale and solve the needs of our customers.…We also can share the frustration and agony…of missed opportunities and leads…that even after countless presentations,…just don't turn into new business.…
I believe that for all jobs, the vast majority…of people are hard working, honest, and ethical.…However, there is a percentage in every line of work…of those who push the boundaries of acceptance…or are the proverbial bad apple.…It's these individuals who can drive the mixed stereotypes…we may have of certain professions.…It's unfair, but we've all heard comments…about the credibility of lawyers, stock traders,…politicians, and yes, salespeople.…We need to ensure…that the exceptional salespeople are rewarded,…
- Determine training needs for a sales professional.
- Explain the ethics a sales professional should have when communicating financials.
- Interpret the appropriate ethical protocol for hiring and firing an employee.
- Identify the resource to assist sales professionals in learning about their competition.
- Outline the ethical practices for a sales professional to work with different cultures globally.