Understand how to engage the whole agile team in threat assessment and mitigation planning.
- Every project since the beginning of time…has faced threats or risks to their success.…Your project is no different.…You, too, will have to face them.…As you know, agile is very focused…on creating a safe environment for your teams:…safe for them to experiment, take risks, fail and succeed.…The same, safe environment you've been cultivating…will help your team identify and address threats.…Doing risk analysis is not just…a once and done exercise, though.…
As in traditional project management,…agile also asks you and your team…to keep an eye out for risks.…Some risks can be a benefit to your project,…but many can hurt you.…There are some techniques you can use to identify threats,…and there's no definite consensus on the best approach.…Some are much more lightweight than others,…so make sure you select one…and modify it to suit your needs.…One approach to risk identification that I use all the time…is a simple brainstorming session.…
I've included a sample threat or risk assessment…meeting agenda in the exercise files…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement