Join Joanne Simon-Walters for an in-depth discussion in this video Risk and change management, part of Introduction to the PHR Certification Exam.
- According to Prosci, a leading organization…in the change management industry,…organizations are facing faster, more complex,…more inter-dependent, and more cross-functional change…than ever before.…Companies who embrace change are also embracing innovation,…which may improve the company's strategic market position.…HR's role in this process is to act as change agents…that guide all stakeholders through…a deliberate change process.…There are multiple change management models…and methodologies available that HR leaders can use,…based on the organization's philosophy…around managing change.…
All are grounded in the research of…social psychologist Kurt Lewin,…and his three-stage model for planned change.…The stages are unfreezing the current state,…moving towards a future state,…and re-freezing the new state.…Understanding these dynamics helps HR leaders…consult the business on the best initiatives…for facilitating change.…It's normal for group performance to decline…when change is first introduced.…However, everyone doesn't initially react…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.