Learn about annual reviews, assessments, and M&A.
- A key aspect of the HR business partner's role…is to align talent programs to what's called…the rhythm of the business.…When I'm talking about programs,…I mean things like performance reviews,…promotion cycles, or diversity initiatives.…You'll want to time these programs…when the business has the bandwidth to focus on them.…Also referred to as business cadence,…the rhythm of the business is a recognition…that each company has a set of processes…and timelines by which it operates.…This can be driven by a number of factors…including the company's financial calendar,…product release schedules, or meetings with investors.…
One of the most important things an HR business partner…can do when establishing talent initiatives…is to tune in to this rhythm and ensure that…HR programs are aligned.…To the extent possible, you want the timing…of annual HR programs to be predictable,…so your clients are able to plan for them,…and so that they compliment the cadence of the business.…For example, if you support a sales organization…
Instructor Michael McLernon discusses the function of HR within an organization, and the skills needed to be successful as an HR business partner, regardless of company size or structure. In addition, he goes over the primary role of an HR business partner, highlighting specific areas where this role can add value to a business. Michael also covers how to engage with leaders, managers, and employees on key talent initiatives such as organization design, performance management, and employee engagement. Finally, he shows how to assess the impact of your efforts, and modify your approach as your organization—or the scope of your role—changes.
- Serving your clients
- Establishing credibility and trust
- Areas of focus for an HR business partner
- Facilitating organizational change
- Supporting talent decision processes
- Training and empowering managers
- Scaling and assessing your efforts
- Partnering internally
- Measuring your impact
- Tailoring your approach