In this video, Andy Jordan reviews the underlying issues the organization in the case study is facing as well as introduces the concept of developing a plan to address those issues.
- We're reviewing what we've learned…about the foundations of portfolio management…by looking at a case study for a company…that isn't using portfolio management concepts.…If you haven't done so already,…please download the exercise file,…read the summary of the scenario,…and answer question three on the case study worksheet.…By combining the elements of portfolio management…from chapter two with the roles from chapter three,…you should've been able to identify…a number of potential underlying issues.…All of them are important, but I think one of the problems…that is often missed is the inability…to adjust business goals to reflect changing circumstances.…
Leaders often fail to realize…the implications of those changes,…so make sure you flag any issues there in your business.…It's also very important to have…a consistent approach for all business areas.…You need to plan across the entire business,…otherwise you have pockets of work…that are missed or managed differently,…and that will cause confusion and missed problems.…
- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.