To wrap up the case study, Andy reviews the underlying issues and responses and explains the need to build a plan that reflects the unique challenges of each organization.
- To conclude the application…of the portfolio management concepts we've learned,…we're going to look at question four in the case study.…If you haven't yet done so,…please download the exercise file,…read through the summary,…and have a go at answering question four.…The steps I included in the completed example…are based on chapter four where we looked at the work…to start implementing portfolio management.…Remember, the goal of your plan is to secure investment…for the first phase of the work,…so make sure that's your focus.…Give your leadership every reason to approve your plan.…
Make it realistic and reasonable with tangible benefits.…That will help secure further investment in the future.…Also, make sure it doesn't use more resources…than are available.…The other projects still have to happen.…I included the identification of all required stakeholders…in my plan because that will ultimately help…to make the project successful.…If people are involved in building the plan,…they'll be invested in its success,…
- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.