LinkedIn principal author Doug Winnie explains what exercise files and downloadable materials are available for the course, noting that these are entirely optional and not critical to completing the course. Doug also provides the companion website for the course located at www.dougwinnie.com/productMgmt that contains updates and additional information on the course.
- This course has a handful of worksheets that are based on concepts and principles that we'll discuss as we go along. Depending on your access level, you can download these materials through the course webpage. There aren't any specific project examples or downloads that are required to complete specific sections. All materials are optional, and are not critical to completing this course. I've also created a website for this course where I will post notes, tips, and continue to update. I invite you to visit the site and provide feedback to me, to help me make this the best course possible to teach you, and others, the fundamentals of product management.
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.