Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Retaining your superstars, part of Motivating and Engaging Employees (2013).
- It's hard enough to select and hire superstar employees,…but retaining them can be even more difficult.…But it's worth the effort.…They're rare, they add more value than anyone else…and replacing them is very difficult.…Don't assume they're happy…just because they're performing well…and receiving many accolades.…Research suggests that as many as 25%…of high-potential employees say they plan…to change jobs within the next 12 months.…That's because compared to most employees…they require stronger clarity, challenge and opportunity,…not just money and recognition.…
Let's talk about what you can do…to keep these folks on your team.…Consider these five important tactics.…First, be sure to Give Them a Realistic Job Preview.…This refers to information about the reality of the job.…Not the sales pitch or some glossy description…about what's great about the role,…but the truth, the good and the bad.…Tell them all the great things you wish to share,…but you also need them to have their eyes wide open.…Tell them about the realities of the pay, the hours,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.