…>> You're making an impression and…promoting yourself every time you interact with…the boss, not just when you're overtly trying to promote something you did.…Let's think about promoting you from a different perspective, not when…you're telling the boss something, but when they are telling you something.…Specifically, when they're giving you some type of performance feedback.…The more difficult the feedback is, the more…your reaction will speak volumes about who you are.…Oddly enough, how you deal with their most challenging feedback could…make a huge impression, so let's start by stating the obvious.…
If you don't like their feedback or if you…feel as if they're attacking you unfairly, never attack back.…We'll talk about what you can do in…a moment, but start by knowing that reacting to…negative communication with your own negative communication never…helps out and it most often will hurt you.…Okay, let's say that somewhat unexpectedly your boss tells you…that she thought your big presentation to the client was flat.…
- Explore how self-reflection is a starting point for understanding others.
- Review they ways that social capital (credibility) relate to performance, recognition, and helping others.
- Recall different kinds of communication channels you can establish with your manager.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote your accomplishments.
- Review methods for documenting issues that help you communicate up.
- Explore key strategies for working with a remote manager.
- Examine ways to repair a damaged relationship with your manager.