This course is designed to give you a basic overview of what you can expect in contracts related to your creative business and endeavors. What are some other resources that you can find that complement the course? In this video, author Seth Polanksy gives you several different resources that you can go to if you want to dig deeper.
- My hope is that this class has given you a basic overview…of what you can encounter in contracts…related to your creative business and endeavours,…but it can't possibly cover everything you'll run across.…That said, I've included some resources for you to access…away from the course.…Agents and managers.…If you're looking to hire an agent or manager,…your best resource is your social circle.…You should be looking at the companies your peers are hiring…and the specific niche markets in which they offer.…Honestly, just find someone who was where you are…two years ago and ask them how they got there.…
In addition to your peers,…there are are organizations in every city…around the world whose sole purpose…is to connect creative professionals.…For example, here in Washington DC we have TIVA.…An entire list of creative professional organizations…is available on the California government's website.…Attorney pro-bono organizations.…Chicago has attorneys for the creative arts,…and here in DC, we have the Washington Area…
Disclaimer: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Why do you need a contract?
- Types of contracts
- Asking for an NDA
- Work-for-hire and contractor agreements
- Proposals, quotes, and statements of work
- Licensing agreements
- Delivery and payment terms