Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Reporting results, part of Business Ethics.
- Earlier in the course, I mentioned…that what gets measured gets done.…When you have a good measurement model…and system in place for business ethics practices,…you also need to determine…how to report your actual results.…We often hear of negative examples of ethical practice.…If individuals in your organization…commit a breach of ethical practices,…it's very difficult for that to be kept quiet.…Employee chatter, vendor or customer chatter,…or the press typically put great effort…into exposing and analyzing ethical transgressions.…
These stories can have a direct, and often…quite devastating impact on your organization.…We've already talked about some of the worst case examples…that have been career limiting for many leaders…and catastrophic for share price and reputation.…By the same token, reporting positive results…from implementing business ethics frameworks…can provide benefits in your bottom line…and your ongoing acceptance and support…from the communities in which you do business.…The Hay Group's annual survey of the world's…
Bob also discusses ethics in relationship to specific business scenarios: working with suppliers and vendors, organizational decision making, and doing business internationally. He addresses how to handle business ethics violations and provides a checklist of items for staff to evaluate if something is ethical.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define the purpose and intent of business ethics.
- Describe why particular situations might be considered ethical or unethical.
- Determine how to approach and report unethical behavior.
- Identify how to message ethical policies to your staff.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior by leading by example.
- List options and best practices for escalating problems in your department.