Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming over retooling, part of Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Team.
- I once worked for an organization that started…every morning with a hour-long status meeting.…The portfolio manager would show a multi-colored spreadsheet…on a large projector screen.…The portfolio manager went around the table asking…every project manager for a status update.…In between sips from giant coffee mugs,…they'd explain the status of their milestone.…The organization had a legacy in construction.…The milestones, the status meeting and the table…were all familiar pieces of a project.…This was the same meeting they had…when they were building condominiums.…
It was the expected rhythm of delivering a complex project.…When the organization started developing software,…the executives suggested they try Agile.…Agile would be a difficult change for this organization.…They were heavily invested in their current processes.…All of the project managers followed milestones.…Big designs in managed rooms.…The organization went through several rounds of training…but still wouldn't accept key Agile concepts.…The portfolio managers didn't want to reject Agile…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Starting agile in your organization
- Defining team roles and responsibilities
- Letting the team self-organize
- Training the team
- Thinking and delivering like an agile team
- Avoiding pitfalls