Learn the common blockers that get in the way of scrum teams and what you can do to remove those obstacles.
- One of the primary objectives for the scrum master…is to help the team address any impediments…or obstacles that get in their way.…Effectively removing these impediments does two things.…First, it helps establish a trusting relationship…between the team members and the scrum master.…And second, it helps keep the team focused on the work.…Both are essential to the ongoing health of the team…and their ability to perform at a high level.…Usually, obstacles are raised during…the daily standup meeting. The third standup question,…what's getting in my way, is meant to help team members…feel comfortable raising issues they haven't resolved.…
When something is raised during the standup,…the scrum master makes a note…and the meeting continues as usual.…Generally, obstacles fall into one of four categories.…Each one of these can be managed by the scrum master,…but each has its own complicating factors.…The first type of obstacle…is one that's internal to the team.…An example of this is a process…within the team isn't working well.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding finesse to your scrum
- The product owner and scrum master roles
- The relationship between the product owner and scrum master
- Product owner as business representative
- Product owner as a team's business guide
- Scrum master as team advocate
- The forming and storming stages of team development
- Taking a team from norming to performing
- Scrum master as team guardian