Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Reliability, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- We use the word, Reliability, a lot.…Usually to measure the worth of a person.…An employee that's reliable can be counted on…to be in attendance and on time.…An athlete that's considered reliable can be counted on,…performing well when needed.…In operations reliability is no different,…except here we're measuring products and services.…For example, what percentage of the time…will a lamp work when it is needed?…Or, in the case of a service, what percentage of the time…will an Amazon employee successfully and accurately…pick, pack and label a customer order?…Let's consider the lamp example.…
In order for the lamp to work properly,…the wiring, the socket and the bulb must all be operational,…and really, that helps us understand the formula.…The reliability of a lamp…is the product of the reliability of all its parts.…Or, in the case of a process, the reliability is the product…of the reliability of every step in the process.…Let's go back to our lamp.…Suppose the wiring was 98% reliable,…and the socket was 99% reliable,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.