Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Release planning in Rally, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to do a little bit…of Release Planning.…Now remember, in our last video,…we created a Product Backlog.…And the way we did this is we downloaded a Microsoft Excel…spreadsheet template and then we moved in a couple…of the user stories that we had.…Now, you can also have your user stories already…in Microsoft Excel and then move things over.…And see, you have our user stories here but we also have…a couple of extra user stories that were kind of included…when we did Rally.…So, if you click on this little cog and you hit Delete,…you can get rid of them, kind of one at a time.…
And you'll see here it says Restore from Recycling Bin…and then on the bottom here you'll be able to click on that…and then see the user stories if you want to get them back.…So, I'm going through them one at a time and deleting them.…And again, there in the little recycling bin,…which is located on the lower right-hand corner.…So now what we're going to do is we want to figure out…how to take these user stories…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.