Customers require you to register as a supplier. This includes setting up a supplier profile, providing your W9 tax information, registering for their online portal, and providing your banking information so you can get paid. Start the supplier registration process as soon as it's clear you're doing work for the client as the process can take a long time.
- Your clients are going to require you to register…as a supplier.…This includes setting up a supplier profile,…providing tax information,…registering for their online portal…and providing your banking information…so you can get paid.…Start the supplier registration process…as soon as it's clear you're doing work for the client.…This process can take a really long time.…I've had consulting projects where…the supplier registration process actually took longer…than delivering the consulting work.…
It's really consuming.…If clients have an online portal, use it.…You'll be able to input and modify your information…if it changes.…That's much easier than mailing forms back and forth.…Many clients will ask you to sign up to receive…payments electronically.…I highly encourage you to do this.…You get your money faster.…You don't have to worry about checks getting lost…in the mail.…If your business has any certifications,…like being veteran owned, minority owned,…women owned, et cetera,…be prepared to provide documentation to that effect…
- Major and minor contracts
- Registering as a supplier
- Setting pricing, payment, and other contract terms
- Insurance requirements
- Defining your project
- Negotiating the contract
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Start the Contracting Process
Register as a supplier2m 31s
2. Understand Contract Elements
3. Define Your Project
4. Negotiate the Contract
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.