Join Arianna Huffington for an in-depth discussion in this video Reflecting on fears and gratitude, part of Arianna Huffington's Thrive 04: Facing Challenges with Gratitude and Forgiveness.
- So, we're at the end of lesson four and I love this lesson. Can you feel it? We're starting to build momentum. Where there is gratitude, there is the realization that we can find happiness and peace even when things are not going our way. So, be sure to take the time to work on the forgiveness, the self-acceptance, and the gratitude. These are keys and they are really transformational. Forgive yourself for any judgments, accept yourself as you are, and look at your life with newness and wonder.
And let's take a moment to talk about what's in our toolbox. So, Christina, from lesson one, sleep and meditation. - I sleep constantly. - Constantly enough. - No, constantly, and as of the last four months I've been meditating, not always perfectly. - Good enough. Lesson two, disconnect from technology every now and then so that you can reconnect more deeply with yourself and move your body. - [Christina] I could definitely get better with those two.
- Okay, but you are working on it. - I'm working on it. I don't know about moving my body, but I'm-- - Well, you're walking your dog. - I'm walking my dog. - That's a step. So, lesson three is establish your priorities, the thing that are really important to you which also includes letting go of things that are not really important and focusing on your breath, especially every time you are likely to get stressful or anxious. How are you doing on those two? - Very well, ma'am. - [Arianna] Both? - I'm breathing, yes.
- You are focusing on your breath? - I am focusing on my breath, yes. - And I know you have established your priorities. So, adding in from this lesson, gratitude and forgiveness, and we've already been through that. This is a really powerful time in the course. Each of the steps will give you additional strength and connect you in a deeper way with yourself, so please try to stay on track. But if you miss a day, forgive yourself and start again. Christina, thank you so much for being here with us.
- Thank you, mom. - And thank you darling, for being in my life.
- Facing challenges
- Considering the impact of your attitude
- Practicing forgiveness and gratitude
- Identifying feats