Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining your business idea, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- You've made a lot of progress in building a business.…Now it's time to take a breather and survey the scene,…to see what you've learned and where you want to flex,…possibly event pivot.…Let's begin by reviewing your sales.…Where are your customers coming from?…Are you solving the problem you thought you would solve?…Selling more or less than you thought you would?…What about the price point?…Initially, you're going to look at vanity metrics,…like number of visits.…We all do.…
On the surface, this is exciting,…but it isn't going to give you any information or insight…about why your business is growing or not.…Like, what percentage of visitors to your site…are returning visitors?…What percentage of visitors are converting into leads,…meaning signing up for something on your site?…Is this percentage increasing or decreasing?…Now, I know you may be thinking,…whoa, this is a lot of questions.…To make reviewing and considering these questions easier,…I've included a list of questions in the exercise files.…
Be sure to take a look and follow along.…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.