Discover what you need to consider when reentering the workforce. See how to put together a concise 30-second to 60-second story on why you were out. Learn why updating your LinkedIn profile and resume to reflect what you were doing in your time away matters, and more.
- Welcome back to the workforce.…Even if you've been gone six to 12 months,…things have changed a lot.…Today's jobs are moving quicker than ever,…so first things first.…Take stock of your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile,…recommendations and references, portfolio, website,…and any other materials you've got.…Make a list of what you need to update…and start tackling those.…The good thing that happened while you were out is…that the talent acquisition and HR culture continues…to evolve in favor of sabbaticals, family leave,…and extended absences for life reasons.…
Today's HR leaders know that life happens…and company cultures are evolving…to appreciate the diverse perspectives…a diverse workforce offers.…You're reentering the most tolerant hiring environment…we've seen, so as you'll hear me say often,…it's all about how you position yourself in your absence.…What's your story?…How can you spin it to your advantage?…That's your second piece of homework.…Put together a concise, 30 to 60 second story…on why you were out, why you're coming back,…
Looking for study partners?Join the Interview Tips study group
Ready to find your next job? Learn how to prepare yourself for today's job market and land a gig that you'll love. Jolie Miller shows how to create a great job hunting plan that connects you with opportunities that mesh with your interests and goals. Jolie explains how to present yourself to employers in the best light with a well-designed LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter. She explores how to tailor your experience for each job and for any special situations, such as layoffs, reentering the workforce, or switching roles or industries. Plus, she shares quick tips that can help you make a great first—and lasting—impression in your interviews, negotiate an offer you're proud of, and prepare for your first day at your new job.
- Setting job hunting objectives
- Writing a compelling resume and cover letter
- Tailoring your approach
- Finding the right jobs
- Reentering the workforce
- Identifying which of your skills are transferable
- Excelling in a phone or video interview
- Negotiating a job offer