Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing project risk with procurements, part of Managing Project Procurement.
- The Ford Motor Company used to use the advertising slogan,…"Quality is job one."…I believe focusing on quality is a critical item…for a project manager, but it's not quite job one.…I know people will argue with me about that.…My view of job one for a project manager is managing risk.…As risk can affect quality, your schedule, costs,…and your scope, I believe appropriately managing risk…covers all aspects of successfully delivering projects.…
A significant way to manage risk on your project…is with well-thought-out procurement strategies.…Remember, project risk involves events that could happen…on your project, but have not yet occurred.…Good procurement actions can keep those risks…from occurring, or reduce the impact if they do occur.…Let's take a look at how procurement can address risk…in each of the four areas I mentioned earlier:…Quality, Schedule, Costs, and Scope.…
The quality of your project deliverables depend…on the integrity and applicability of the products…you deliver via sellers, along with the quality of the items…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project procurement?
- Should you buy or build?
- Putting procurement tasks in your schedule
- Understanding contract types
- Ensuring flexibility with the statement of work
- Exploring payment scheduling options
- Testing your market
- Using RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Overcoming challenges