Understand how to assess and improve basic water use and savings opportunities within a company or facility. Water has emerged as a key strategic issue for businesses large and small. Numerous companies are finding ways to increase revenues by creating products that use less water or reduce customer's water dependency. Its important to ask key questions to get started improving your company's water use.
- With significant drought…effecting numerous parts of the world,…catastrophic rain events becoming more common…in other regions,…and many global waterways impacted by serious pollution,…water is emerged as a key strategic issue…for businesses large and small.…The Middle East, North Africa,…and the Western US, among other areas,…have long been familiar with water shortages.…Increasingly, shortages are occurring,…even in places that have access…to relatively large amounts of water.…China is facing severe surface…and groundwater supply problems,…as it irrigates crop lands to feed its people,…and run its industries.…
Even icon rivers, like the Ganges in India,…and the Colorado River are impacted by drought and overuse.…Companies around the world are increasingly hearing…from their business customers,…consumers, investors, and government agencies…about the growing importance of water issues,…and what are they doing about it?…Well, numerous companies are finding ways…to increase revenues by creating products…that use less water,…
Last, he helps you figure out where to find resources to help track key metrics, assess your company's carbon footprint, and improve your environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Learn how to build a reputation as a company focused on sustainability.
- Discover how to manage supply chains more responsibly and effectively.
- Identify meaningful goals.
- Identify the distinctions between supply chains and value chains.