Understand how to assess and improve basic waste management and savings opportunities within a company or facility. An effective and well-managed waste strategy supports businesses and helps improve economic, environmental, and social well-being - the Triple Bottom Line of an organization.
- According to the U.S. EPA, the generation of waste…costs the US economy $384 billion each year.…That's $200 billion in expenses that could be…avoided by cutting waste.…And $184 billion in lost revenue in economic development.…Those numbers are almost too big to comprehend.…But we can and are doing something about it.…If you've only thought about waste in terms of…dumpsters and landfills, it's important to know that…an effective and well-managed waste strategy…supports your business and helps improve economic,…environmental, and social well-being,…the triple bottom line.…
That's why many businesses…are focused on waste minimization.…With some companies committing to, and several already…achieving zero waste to landfill goals.…How can your business get started in improving…its waste production practices?…Conduct a waste audit to identify waste that could…be prevented or diverted from landfills or incineration.…Ask your waste management company what recycling…options are available for my business?…Can I reduce the number of times my location is serviced?…
Last, he helps you figure out where to find resources to help track key metrics, assess your company's carbon footprint, and improve your environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices.
- Learn how to build a reputation as a company focused on sustainability.
- Discover how to manage supply chains more responsibly and effectively.
- Identify meaningful goals.
- Identify the distinctions between supply chains and value chains.