The member will learn how the FMEA (failure mode effects analysis) can be used to mitigate risks
- Think about the process of applying…for scholarships to college.…What can possibly go wrong?…Wouldn't it be great if you could anticipate and mitigate…any risk of failure?…Well, the good news is that there is such a tool…to help you do that.…It is called FMEA or Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.…FMEA was first used in 1960s for the Apollo Space Program.…Can you imagine how many things can possibly go wrong…with a rocket launch?…A lot.…
Since then it has been used in many industries,…and it is even a requirement in the automotive industry.…It is also widely used in Six Sigma projects.…There are two types of FMEA, the Design FMEA…and the Process FMEA.…The Design FMEA is…for reducing the risk of failure associated…with a product or service design,…such as when you are designing a new hotel,…or the next smartphone.…The Process FMEA is…for reducing the risk of potential failures in a process.…
I will focus on the Process FMEA…because it is more relevant to Six Sigma demake projects.…Let me explain how the Process FMEA works…
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.