In the Recruiting Profession it’s not a matter of if you will face problems, it’s when and how often you will face problem areas. Learn strategies you can implement to dramatically reduce problem areas you will face with both your hiring authorities and candidates, so you are not caught off guard.
- In the recruiting profession, it's not a matter of if,…but when problem areas will appear, and how often…they will sabotage your deals.…The thrill of having a job offer accepted quickly vanishes…when you experience a no-show, a no-start, an offer…turn down, a counteroffer that's accepted, or a fall-off.…You and I both know that those are some of the most…gut-wrenching experiences of a recruiter,…because you've done all the work, you've made…the perfect match, and due to a problem area,…now the deal is not going to happen…and the person will not accept the job.…
You can either accept this and go back and start recruiting,…or you could decide to reduce problem areas.…What I'd like to do today is go through every problem area…and give you some solutions on…what you can do to reduce them.…So let's start out with reducing no shows.…In order to reduce no shows,…you have to listen more and talk less.…You've really got to understand the hot buttons…of the candidate to make sure that the job…that you're presenting is something…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.