Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Redirecting habitual complainers, part of Managing Employee Performance Problems.
- Have you ever met a person who never like…anything anyone has ever done at work?…The habitual complainer might just be one…of the most difficult of all difficult employees.…Any project decision or suggestion…that is presented to them will be met…with unproductive and predictable criticism.…We all know that chronic complainers are not justified,…and generally, their complaints aren't useful.…Nonetheless, the typical response…to a chronic complainer is silence.…People just roll their eyes or look away…and bite their tongue instead of somehow managing them,…but they have to be managed.…
If not, they'll spread negative emotions fast.…Their complaints also create doubts in the minds of others…when they're trying to honestly listen to someone's idea.…The result is that slowly but surely chronic…complainers create more chronic complainers.…They strangely turn people away…from thinking about possibilities to only thinking…about what might not work and why.…The complainers typically driven by several things.…Sometimes it's jealousy, a lack of empathy for others,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining the appropriate intervention
- Defusing charged conversations
- Refocusing slackers
- Getting employees to show up on time
- Redirecting habitual complainers
- Engaging employees that always resist change
- Standing up to bullies
- Encouraging employees that can't handle feedback
- Helping people with personal problems
- Dealing with gossips
- Knowing when to say goodbye to an employee<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.