HR professional consultant and trainer Catherine Mattice explains recruiting strategies when seeking top-notch job candidates. In this video tutorial, she covers the difference between job descriptions and job postings and tips for taking your search to the next level. Innovative recruiting ideas for an HR department are also reviewed.
- First there were newspaper ads,…then came the internet with job boards.…Now recruiting has exploded into full blown marketing.…Post and pray is in the past,…and it's time to get serious in your recruiting efforts.…Recruiting is a process of figuring out…where your potential employees are,…and encouraging them to apply.…This is no different than marketing,…which is the process of figuring out…where your potential customers are,…and encouraging them to buy.…As you come up with your recruiting strategy,…you want to think about employment branding,…or your company's image,…when it comes to candidates and employees.…
If you have a marketing department at your organization,…ask them for help as you build your employment brand.…One way to build your brand is with your job posting.…All too often, small businesses post a job description…instead of creating a separate job advertisement.…Think of job descriptions like a stereo manual.…If you were shopping for a new stereo online,…would you buy from a company who posted the manual…
HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Explain the role of administrative HR.
- Describe how to build trust with employees.
- Summarize how to conduct an HR audit.
- Cite the best practices for personnel files and recordkeeping.
- Identify the important tasks involved in writing a job description.
- Recognize the fundamental components of a high-quality onboarding experience.
- Identify effective and ineffective ways to discipline an employee.
- Cite the key reasons for conducting an exit interview.