Recruiting methods continue to drastically change due to ever evolving technology. Learn the impact of Big Data, Social Media and Mobile Recruiting on your ability to identify, attract and represent candidates who have the highest potential to perform, be retained and become engaged employees.
- Technology has triggered massive changes…in the way hiring authorities identify talent.…It also has triggered massive changes…in the way candidates are looking for a job,…which, of course, affects us in the recruiting profession.…What big data does is provide insight…into recruiting efforts.…It also helps identify certain skills and abilities…and characteristics that are linked to a candidate's…potential to perform in certain jobs.…The nice part about this, too,…is that candidates have social media presence,…and it's amazing the incredible amount of data…that recruiters can find out about a person…just by their social media presence.…
There are also platforms that scrape data,…which assists in the recruiting process.…You can uncover where the best talent is hanging out.…This can include, chat lines, or online forums,…many of them are in blogs or having meetups.…There's also industry related sites…where these candidates are going.…It's important for you to find out…where your candidates are hanging out…and that's where you need to go.…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics