Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Recruiting challenges: Candidates and competitors, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- As an external recruiter you're going to face…many challenges on the candidate side of your process…as well as with your competitors.…One of the biggest problems I hear…from recruiters consistently is a lack…of communication with their candidates.…I hear consistently that they're not calling you back,…they're not answering your emails,…and so you have to wonder why they are not doing that.…Obviously they don't see what's in it for them…and when they're not communicating,…they don't see the benefit to them to answer your calls…or to send you back a response to your email.…
And this can go back to your initial interview.…Did you really listen to them?…Did you really understand what's most important to them?…Because people only care about what's in it for them,…and if I see the benefit of calling you back,…I'm going to call you back, but if I don't think…you understand what's most important to me,…I could be off on my own.…You know the Internet has made it easy for me…to network with my social network,…reach out to my friends and my connections,…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers