Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Recharging with team building, part of Motivating and Engaging Employees.
- There are many ways to try…and recharge the team and build camaraderie.…From celebrations to service projects in the community.…One of the most popular traditionally is team building.…Team building refers to fun, non-work activities…the team engages to support individual development,…positive communication, leaderships skills,…and the ability to work more productively…together as a team.…This can happen during work hours or after,…on site or away from the office,…and team building might be part of a larger retreat…or serve as a stand alone activity.…
To effectively plan a team building retreat,…remember to address these three issues.…First, be sure to include a few employees…in the planning process.…As always, you're wise to get the team…involved to generate buy-in.…Next, have a frank conversation…about current team performance issues.…Your goal is to try and focus on two or three team dynamics…that might be great targets for team building activities.…The next task is to select the specific activities…to be used at the actual retreat.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.