Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Receiving reviews from others, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…So far we've talked a lot about giving evaluations to others, but what about you?…You'll receive evaluations as well.…Anyone can receive an evaluation but accepting…it effectively is a more advanced skill.…When you've received a positive or…mostly positive review it's pretty straightforward.…First, don't gloat.…In the face of significant positive…affirmations, don't just sit there grinning.…Grin later. A little…smile is fine, but right now, you wish…to show that you're thoughtfully listening, not gloating.…
Show them you're listening with a few slow nods and a…few short notes if appropriate, and of course, solid eye contact.…Finally, feel free use a few short,…concise thank yous during the evaluation where appropriate.…Then at the end be sure to thank them for the time they spent reviewing your work.…No gloating, just simple gratitude, is how…you accept a great evaluation.…However, it's a bit more difficult when you're receiving…negative feedback, or an overall review that's fairly negative.…In that case, here are a few useful tips to help you survive.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.