- In this movie, I'm going to explain…how to use a graph to show the relationship…between two things, so, you can see…that I've drawn a little graph here.…So let's check it out.…On the horizontal axis, as we call it,…we have years of experience.…You can see I've labeled that horizontal axis…with numbers one, two, three, four, five,…denoting the years of experience that somebody has,…and on the vertical axis,…we can see some salaries.…And I've marked those off too.…
So, you may understand this graph,…but I'll explain in a little bit more detail.…As we can see, if we look at any given number…on the horizontal axis, we can go up…to the graph, and see the relationship…between that many years of experience, and a salary.…So let's start with the number one.…If we go up to the graph from the number one,…we see that there's a point on the graph…at $40,000, that tells us…that if you have one year of experience,…you're making $40,000.…
We pick another point on the graph at random,…let's say if we pick four years of experience,…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.