Learn how to ask critical questions and respond appropriately.
- You've heard it before, the only thing…constant in life is change.…The same is true in work and how you react to change…will play a part in the way your boss,…your peers and other leaders view you.…As humans, we are hardwired…to crave certainty and stability.…When something is changing outside of our control,…our initial subconscious reaction is discomfort.…Not your lizard brain talking, your reptilian brain…wants to keep you safe, but those frontal lobes want to get…you promoted and that's what you should be listening to.…
First, imagine you're the boss and you're presenting…some sort of new policy or program and much…of your team is clearly uneasy and upset.…How does that make you feel?…And who looks more leaderly, the people who are annoyed…or the people who are just curious?…You don't need to suck up and act sunny over every thing,…but you should always choose curiosity over anxiety.…And when you hear about a change,…seek to understand before you judge.…Find out, what's the business reason for this change.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List three good reasons to step down from a position.
- Name three behaviors that will help you get promoted.
- Explain how to demonstrate active listening.
- Recall an effective way to demonstrate leadership and promotability when speaking with subordinates.
- Identify a common mistake many people make when communicating with their boss.
- Determine the best way to formally ask for a promotion.