Identify potential standards right for your service operation, through the lens of seven aspects of customer service. Hear example standards and supporting metrics in each of the seven categories, and see the impact quality standards can have on strategic value.
- Establishing the right quality standards…for your service operation is vital.…They enable you to focus on what's important…to your customers and they help you gauge the effectiveness…of the service operation itself.…But, how do you determine where to set standards?…What kinds of things should they cover?…Here's a proven framework for determining where…to establish quality standards.…And here, I'm referring to quality standards…for the operation as a whole, not for individuals.…There are seven key aspects of customer service…at the operational level that build on each other…and provide insight into where standards should have impact.…
They're ordered from the most…tactical to the most strategic,…and I'll summarize them in that order here.…The first is anticipating customer workload.…If you don't have an accurate prediction of how many…customers you'll be serving and what kind of work…that represents, it's going to be very difficult…to deliver high-quality service.…That's true for any kind of operation.…From a small grocery store to a large…
Watch and learn how to establish quality standards in customer service, and improve loyalty, revenue, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. Brad Cleveland divides the lessons into three chapters, covering quality and customer service definitions, quality standards for individuals, and quality standards for the overall organization. Along the way, he shows how to implement a process, measure progress, and effectively coach employees.
- Recall three sources of input when developing quality standards.
- Recognize recommended practices used to set quality standards.
- Summarize three elements to keep in mind when developing standards for individuals.
- Determine the meaning of calibration.
- Identify the characteristics that define four aspects of customer service.
- Identify the most important factor observed in organizations with effective quality standards.