Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Put failure in its place, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations (2014).
- You've started a company and it goes belly up,…or you launched a new product and…not only does it fail to sell,…customers actually hate it.…What happens when you dare to dream,…make that dream real, and then fail?…As I've grappled with my own…"this just may break me" failures,…I am increasingly convinced that…building a business is a process,…and engine of experimentation.…As we learn by doing, something will…eventually and inevitably not work.…
As former DARPA official, Ken Gabriel, said,…"An important part of disruption is…"having the nerve to take on a really big failure."…At this point, we have to decide how…we'll approach failure.…As you see here ask yourself…"Did I fail my way into a black hole?…"Or is failure a tool that will help me…"build a more successful business?"…Here are a few tips to get you started.…First and foremost, acknowledge the emotional…effect failure has on you.…
When you start a company, there is a…fantasy that most of us engage in.…You'll work hard, your business will succeed.…You will find contentment and happiness…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.