Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Put failure in its place, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- You've started a company and it goes belly up,…or you launched a new product and…not only does it fail to sell,…customers actually hate it.…What happens when you dare to dream,…make that dream real, and then fail?…As I've grappled with my own…"this just may break me" failures,…I am increasingly convinced that…building a business is a process,…and engine of experimentation.…As we learn by doing, something will…eventually and inevitably not work.…
As former DARPA official, Ken Gabriel, said,…"An important part of disruption is…"having the nerve to take on a really big failure."…At this point, we have to decide how…we'll approach failure.…As you see here ask yourself…"Did I fail my way into a black hole?…"Or is failure a tool that will help me…"build a more successful business?"…Here are a few tips to get you started.…First and foremost, acknowledge the emotional…effect failure has on you.…
When you start a company, there is a…fantasy that most of us engage in.…You'll work hard, your business will succeed.…You will find contentment and happiness…
- Finding your idea/problem to solve
- Finding your first customer
- Writing a business plan
- Deciding on a legal structure
- Building a team of employees and advisors
- Marketing your business
- Building a website
- Minding cash
- Managing stress
- Funding growth
- Balancing entrepreneurship and life
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Appropriate for all
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.