In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you have a purpose or do you just sell stuff? I'd like to invite you to join the top echelon of sales people. Because here's what we know to be true, sales people who have a noble purpose, who truly wanna improve the lives of their customers outsell sales people who are just focused on targets and quotas. So in this course you're going to learn how to name and claim your noble purpose.
We'll teach you how to leverage that to have better conversations with your customers, to be more strategic, to close bigger deals, and close them faster. You'll also learn how to position yourself with senior leaders within your company and outside your company. I'm Lisa McLeod, I'm a sales leadership consultant, I work with clients like Google, Apple, and Roche, and I'm also the author of the best selling book, Selling with Noble Purpose. My aim is to help you join that top tier of people.
Are you ready to get started?