Public Speaking Fundamentals
Develop the skills you need to prepare and deliver an outstanding speech or presentation with our public speaking training. Author Laura Bergells offers practical insights that can help presenters prepare, open, deliver, and close their speeches. Along the way, discover how to project confidence, storyboard a speech, take questions, respond with thoughtful answers, and develop the creative story that adds life to a speech.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your audience
- Developing credibility
- Introducing an agenda
- Exploring five strong opening techniques
- Developing great body language
- Understanding room dynamics
- Handling questions and answers
- Getting feedback
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- At some point in your life, it's likely that you're going to be asked to deliver a speech, or a presentation. Too many courses begin by focusing on the fear of public speaking, however, I'd rather focus on how terrific you're going to be, when you develop more confidence by using powerful techniques. If you're a savvy presenter, you can use the insights from this course as a helpful reminder. And if you're a novice speaker, you'll find techniques that can help you polish any presentation. We'll discuss how to prepare, both technically and emotionally.
We'll explore how to warm up, and open your presentation. I'll show you delivery techniques, including how to use visual aids, and props. We'll also talk about how to handle Q and A, and deliver a strong closing to your presentation. Join me to discover how to develop the confidence and techniques you need to become an effective public speaker.
Stepping Up to Leadership257,503 Views
Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure and Manage Active Directory30,022 Views
Windows 10 Tips and Tricks151,401 Views
Microsoft® Project 2016: Essential Training289,007 Views
Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Prep Course35,611 Views
Management Tips1,702,590 Views
Project Management Fundamentals (2011)3,758,752 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,279,953 Views