Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your audience
- Developing credibility
- Introducing an agenda
- Exploring five strong opening techniques
- Developing great body language
- Understanding room dynamics
- Handling questions and answers
- Getting feedback<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
- At some point in your life, it's likely that you're going to be asked to deliver a speech, or a presentation. Too many courses begin by focusing on the fear of public speaking, however, I'd rather focus on how terrific you're going to be, when you develop more confidence by using powerful techniques. If you're a savvy presenter, you can use the insights from this course as a helpful reminder. And if you're a novice speaker, you'll find techniques that can help you polish any presentation. We'll discuss how to prepare, both technically and emotionally.
We'll explore how to warm up, and open your presentation. I'll show you delivery techniques, including how to use visual aids, and props. We'll also talk about how to handle Q and A, and deliver a strong closing to your presentation. Join me to discover how to develop the confidence and techniques you need to become an effective public speaker.