Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Providing effective 360 reviews, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…Today, 360 Evaluations are very common.…These tools, also called multi rater or multi source…feedback, were originally about employee development, not performance evaluations.…The idea was to triangulate the truth about an employee…by using more than simply their boss as a feedback source.…By using their peers, direct reports, bosses…and customers, along with their own self…ratings, you should get closer to reality about that person's performance.…
This data can then be used in mapping out development paths moving forward.…People like data, so it wasn't long before organizations started finding many uses…for 360 Evaluations, including employee development,…performance appraisals, compensation decisions, and organizational development.…However, the most common is still employee…development and appraisals.…And there are a few clear advantages to using 360 Evals.…First, there's no doubt that 360 ratings…provide a better, broader perspective on employees.…
The perspective created is inevitably more rich, compared…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.