…There are a few difficult realities you need to understand.…Systems at work designed to evaluate you, hold…you accountable, and reward and promote you are imperfect.…Your boss and the other senior leaders you're connected to, they're very busy.…When you put these together, it becomes very clear that you have to actively…manage the impression others have of you and your work, especially with your boss.…They have many duties and are…constantly bombarded with information from every direction.…And so, somehow, you've got to claim your share of mind to ensure…they remain meaningfully aware of what you're…doing and more importantly, what you're accomplishing.…
Now, we all know a few folks who have…taken this too seriously and actually caused themselves problems.…They talk about themselves too often.…They self-aggrandize too often, and as a result, they…become known as a kiss-up, someone who just can't…wait to tell the boss all about the amazing…work they're doing every single time they have an opportunity.…No one likes this person.…
- Explore how self-reflection is a starting point for understanding others.
- Review they ways that social capital (credibility) relate to performance, recognition, and helping others.
- Recall different kinds of communication channels you can establish with your manager.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote your accomplishments.
- Review methods for documenting issues that help you communicate up.
- Explore key strategies for working with a remote manager.
- Examine ways to repair a damaged relationship with your manager.