Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Project management basics, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- While many of the things we are asked to do at work…each day are often repetitive, sometimes the company…takes on a task that is large, complex, and/or unique.…These types of endeavors are called projects.…Projects typically have timelines that could be…as short as a few weeks or as long as…a number of years.…The goal, of course, is to accomplish…something new, something grand,…or sometimes something that is difficult.…Examples might include designing a new product,…creating a revolutionary drug to cure disease,…building a sports stadium,…developing a comprehensive annual…report for your investors.…
In order to achieve these difficult goals,…project managers must consider all of…the possible activities that must be achieved.…They must be able to estimate the time…and resources required for each of those activities…and they must also know in which order…those activities must be completed.…Once this is accomplished, project managers can…create a diagram to illustrate the precedence…relationships between the different activities.…
LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.