Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Project interrelationships, part of Managing Project Integration.
- Have you ever been asked a question…to which you responded, "It depends"?…Sometimes we don't know exactly what we should do about…something until we know the outcome of something else.…Project interrelationships typically work like that.…Each aspect of your project can impact others,…so you need to keep a watchful eye on all the things…that are simultaneously going on in your project.…But you also need to consider how your project…relates to other projects as well.…
By being aware of how your project touches others,…you can better answer questions about your own project,…and avoid creating issues for others,…or having issues created for your projects.…There are many different types…of project or program interrelationships.…Let's explore the most common.…First, projects that use common resources or budgets.…Sometimes projects are required to share common resources,…including human resources, equipment, and funds.…
In these cases, some negotiation may be required…to ensure each project gets a fair share.…Or a disproportionate share of available resources…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Planning for integration
- Managing scope, cost, and risk
- Integration and communication techniques
- Staffing the integration
- Mapping project interrelationships
- Dealing with multiple critical paths