This course/video references material from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide). PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The process for PMP certification…involves documenting a significant number of hours…that you have dedicated to project management…in each of the various stages of a project.…So initiating, planning, executing, et cetera.…You then have to apply to sit in an exam, for an exam.…And then you take the exam, which at the moment…is 200 questions, multiple-choice,…and you have four hours.…It's scenario based, most of it,…so you'll read a project scenario…and then you have questions associated with it.…
The basis for the information you're supposed to know…is PMI's "Project Management Body of Knowledge" book…and then some other of what they call the literature.…So, other books that they list on the PMI website…that they draw some questions from.…The intent of the exam is to sort of assess…the actual skill that you have…in that it's not just memorization…and spitting back terminology.…Alright, there's a bit of that, but mostly it's…are you going to think like a project manager…about how you go through a particular project,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
"PMP" and the PMP logo are certification marks of the Project Management Institute, which are registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMI" is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMBOK" is a trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Advice for new project managers
- Why choose PMP® certification?
- Tracking project hours
- What is a triple-threat leader?
- Agile vs. waterfall project management
- Preventing scope creep
- Learning to say no<br><br>