Project Management Fundamentals (2011)
Discover how to more efficiently manage your business projects. Author Bonnie Biafore lays out a set of principles and examines the concepts behind project management, from defining the problem, establishing project objectives, and building a project plan to meeting deadlines, managing team resources, and closing the project. The course also provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
Lynda.com is now a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding projects and project management
- Exploring project management software options
- Gathering requirements
- Identifying deliverables and success criteria
- Creating a scope statement
- Identifying stakeholders
- Building a work breakdown structure
- Identifying resources
- Building a schedule
- Creating a risk management plan
- Developing a change management plan
- Understanding team dynamics
- Gathering data
- Evaluating project schedule and cost performance
- Documenting lessons learned
- Closing contracts, accounts, and transitioning
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore and this is Project Management Fundamentals. This course teaches you how to manage your projects more effectively from beginning to end. We'll begin by taking a closer look at the general concepts of project management. I'll then take you through to finding a project starting with identifying the problem to solve and how you're going to solve it. Next, we'll discuss planning your project. We'll take a look at identifying the work that needs to be done, building a schedule, and defining the ground rules for how you run your project.
Finally, I'll provide tips for launching your project and monitoring and controlling its performance so that you stay on time and within budget. Having the proper tools in your project toolbox is critical to running a successful project. I'll introduce you to these tools and how to use them effectively in Project Management Fundamentals.
Statistics with Excel Part One236,599 Views
Microsoft® Project 2016: Essential Training280,817 Views
Digital Marketing Research59,757 Views
Mobile Marketing Fundamentals261,893 Views
Xcode 7 Essential Training122,752 Views
Microsoft® Project 2013 Essential Training1,635,867 Views
Management Tips1,692,822 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,707,894 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,242,092 Views