In this video tutorial, Angela shares what the goal, mission, and focus areas are of a great agile product owner on agile teams. She will introduce the three pillars of product ownership: value, decisions, and engagement. Learn about the role of an agile product owner is, and how the product owner role adds value to and is critical to the team and team’s success.
- The product owner role on an Agile team…is absolutely critical, and arguably the toughest role…to carry out.…Product owners must be masters of decision-making,…facilitation, and analysis in order to ensure…the team is focused on the right product and features.…I like to think about the product owner's role…in terms of three pillars,…engagement,…value,…and decision making.…Product owners need to be engaged with the team daily.…
They need to be constantly thinking about value…and they need to be decision makers.…Without one of these three pillars, the team suffers.…Product ownership is about value…and ensuring the right product features…are built for the customer.…Without product owners, the team may build software fast,…but it might be useful, valuable,…or what the customer needs.…Great product owners keep value at the top of their mind…at all times, and it's part of everything they do,…from prioritizing the product backlog…to helping the team determine details of a feature,…it's all about what is the most valuable…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.