The role of the product manager is one of the hardest to define or describe. As a result, some companies make the mistake of thinking that product management isn’t necessary. Learn the role and key responsibilities of a product manager on the product team.
- The role of the Product Manager is one of the hardest…to define or describe.…As a result, some companies make the mistake of thinking…that product management isn't necessary.…But on the contrary, having a highly skilled Product Manager…is a game changer for your organization.…At the most basic level, a Product Manager is responsible…for evaluating opportunities for your company…and defining the product to be built for customers.…That sounds simple enough but it requires a very high level…of understanding to properly define a product…that customers will really care about.…
Not only that, but it requires working closely…with the rest of the product team to come to a consensus…on the products being defined.…As you look closer, you'll see the Product Manager…must combine deep knowledge of the business, its customers,…the data, and the overall market…your company is operating in.…Using this knowledge, they then must exercise creativity…and insight to lead the Product Team.…While many teams feel as if they're led…
In this course, Jay Clouse reviews the roles and responsibilities of the typical product team and explains the nuances of communicating with each group of stakeholders, including senior leaders, company partners such as sales and marketing, and customers themselves. The course includes real-life scenarios that show these communication strategies in action during phases of product management—including customer discovery, road mapping, and sprint planning.
- Product team principles
- Members of the product team
- Product manager responsibilities
- Communicating with senior leaders, sales, marketing, and customer service
- Communicating with customers