Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
- Deep down, we all want to make things. It could be something that we create with our own hands, through our own craftsmanship and hard work. It could be something like a renovation or building a new home, where we work with others and partner to create something. Or it could be a business that we want to contribute to, bringing value to potential customers to solve their problems. My name is Doug Winnie, and through my career I have worked with technology companies as a product manager and as a team member to bring products to market, and in this course I will show you how product management works, how you partner with your team to bring a product to market, and give you insight into the product life cycle that you will use to build your own products.
There are many philosophies and schools of thought on how product management works. I don't necessarily subscribe to any of them specifically but I have found that there are concepts in many of them that have worked for me, and I want to share that with you. So if you're looking to become a product manager or working with others to deliver a product to market or are working on your own side project and want to know more about how the process works, this course will give you a great overview on how to get started.