LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Tenets of a good strategy
- Using the elevator pitch framework
- Determining your target customers
- Determining the product differentiation
- Developing a product strategy
- Identifying key stakeholders
- Collecting and organizing input
- Maintaining and implementing your strategy
Skill Level Intermediate
- If you're a product manager or a product leader, you know how easy it is to dive straight into product development without first figuring out your strategy. - Or if you're a senior leader in a product company, you know how often it feels like you're just drifting aimlessly without a clear sense of direction. - Hi, I'm Eldad Persky. Over the last 15 years, I have led product management teams for several companies in the digital media space. I have developed new products starting from square one and also owned mature product lines that generated billions of dollars.
- And I'm Teg Grenager, an engineer by training, I founded a startup company and led both product and engineering for several years. I helped build my startup into a recognized industry leader which was eventually acquired. - We believe a product company should have a product strategy. We know it sounds trivial, however, in our experience, many companies struggle to develop a clear strategy that helps them make day-to-day decisions. - Even companies that do develop a good product strategy often fail to implement it consistently across the different groups and functions.
- [Eldad] In this course, our goal is to help you build and implement an effective product strategy. We do this by clearly defining what product strategy is, providing a simple framework for developing a strategy and walking through examples. - We also provide tips on how to actually create your strategy and how to build support for it in your organization. We take you all the way from inception to implementation, with down-to-earth insights based on our real-world experience. - So if you're ready, let's get started.