This course shows how to build a product roadmap for your business—and gain critical stakeholder buy-in. See examples of what roadmaps might look like, and spend time learning the tools and techniques necessary to map the projects for your specific organization. Instructors Teg Grenager and Eldad Persky help you create strong, dynamic roadmaps that will ensure your team is working on the right projects at the right time.
- What is a product roadmap?
- Roadmaps in agile organizations
- Selecting stakeholders
- Researching customers
- Identifying milestones
- Estimating effort
- Maintaining the roadmap
Skill Level Intermediate
- If you're a product manager or a product leader, you've probably had people in your organization ask you for a product roadmap. - If you haven't built a roadmap before, these requests can be daunting. It's hard enough to figure out what to build right now, let alone a few weeks, months, or even quarters into the future. - Hi, I'm Teg Grenager. An engineer by training, I founded a startup company and I led both product and engineering for several years. I helped build my startup into a recognized industry leader that was eventually acquired.
- And I'm Eldad Persky. Over the last 15 years, I've led product management teams for several companies in the digital media space, I've developed new products, starting from square one, and also owned mature product lines that generated billions of dollars. - [Teg] In this course, we'll help you to build a product roadmap for your organization. - [Eldad] One that you'll feel proud of because it supports your organization's business objectives and product strategy. And one that your product stakeholders fully support and feel ownership of because they helped to create it.
- [Teg] We'll walk you through the steps of developing a roadmap, from identifying your stakeholders, creating milestones, scheduling them, to building alignment and evangelizing your roadmap. - We take you all the way from inception to implementation with down-to-earth insights based on real-world experience. - So if you're ready, let's get started.