Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Processing your first inbox, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- Now that you understand how…what, when, where processing works,…it's time for you, and me, to start practicing.…I want what, when, where processing…to become second nature to you, to get you conditioned…to follow the same system every time.…In the beginning,…this system may be a little bit awkward for you,…and that's okay.…Just take your time, be patient and repeat…with one item at a time until it becomes automatic.…During the gathering video,…I asked you to separate, into one box,…any items that need to be dealt with this week.…
We're going to begin practicing…with this temporary one week box.…I'm going to give you a few examples…of how this is done.…First, I pick up one item out of the gathering point.…It's an offer for a credit card.…I ask myself the question, what is the next step?…So I pause to consider it.…In this case, do I need a credit card?…No. I don't need another credit card.…So, I'm going to throw it away,…that's the next step.…When will it be done?…Well, I'm going to do it now.…
And, where is it's home?…
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.