Determine the agenda and tools required to identify the right metrics and controls for process management.
- Here's the challenge.…What matrix should be used…to manage and control a specific process?…How do you ensure that the right matrix…and controls are implemented to sustain good performance?…The assignment then is conduct a Work-Out…to ensure that process performance routinely meets targets.…A process control plan needs to be created.…To do this, you'll need to first have a process map,…FMEA, and CTQs for that process.…
If these prerequisites do not exist,…then conduct a process mapping Work-Out,…an FMEA Work-Out, and a VOC Work-Out first.…To stay organized, don't forget to develop…an agenda for the Work-Out with the project champion…at least three weeks in advance.…You can find a sample agenda in the Exercise Files.…As part of your planning, meet with process owners…and familiarize yourself with the process.…Even if you think you know the process well,…you will benefit from these other perspectives.…
Meet with a champion to finalize…the Work-Out charter and agenda.…So who should come to the event?…Consider who is close to the operation,…
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Planning a Work-Out or Kaizen event
- Who to invite
- Creating a detailed agenda
- Value stream mapping and analysis
- Streamlining and waste reduction Kaizen
- 5S Kaizen
- Voice of the customer Work-Out
- FMEA Work-Out
- Process metrics and control Work-Out